Effective Date: 1/1/2020
1. INFORMATION COLLECTION
Users of the Service may be Companies or Freelancers, (as each is defined in our Terms of Service.
Information You Provide to Marteamo
When you use the Service, you may provide us with information about you. This may include your name and contact information, and financial information to make or receive payment for services obtained through the Marteamo platform. When you use the Service, we may also collect information related to your use of the Service and aggregate this with information about other users. This helps us improve the Service.
- Personal Information: In the course of using the Service (whether as a Company or Freelancer), we may require or otherwise collect information that identifies you as a specific individual and can be used to contact or identify you (“Personal Information”). Examples of Personal Information include your name, email address, company address, billing address, and phone number.
- Payment Information: In order to process payments for projects, we (or our third-party payments processor) may also collect certain payment information, such as credit card, PayPal or other financial account information, and billing address.
- Business-to-Business Service: The Service is business-to-business service and intended for users 18 and older. We do not knowingly collect Personal Information from anyone younger than age 18. If we become aware that a person younger than 18 has provided us with Personal Information, we will use commercially reasonable efforts to delete such information from our files. If you are the parent or legal guardian of a person younger than age 18 and believe that Marteamo has collected Personal Information from your child, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Non-Identifying Information/Usernames: We also may collect other information, such as zip codes, demographic data, information regarding your use of the Service, and general project-related data (“Non-Identifying Information”). We may aggregate information collected from both registered and non-registered users.
- Combination of Personal and Non-Identifying Information: We may combine your Personal Information with Non-Identifying Information, but Marteamo will treat the combined information as Personal Information.
While you are not required to provide us with information, if we do not receive certain information from you, then we will not be able to provide our Service to you. If you have any questions regarding whether provision of information is mandatory and the consequences for withholding such information, please contact us using the contact information below.
Information Received from Third Parties
Information Collected Automatically
We and our third-party service providers, including analytics and third party content providers, may automatically collect certain information from you whenever you access or interact with the Service. This information may include, among other information, the browser and operating system you are using, the URL or advertisement that referred you to the Service, the search terms that led you to the Service, areas within the Service that you visited, which links you clicked on, which pages or content you viewed and for how long, other similar information and statistics about your interactions, such as content response times, download errors, and other information commonly shared when browsers communicate with websites. We may combine this automatically collected log information with other information we collect about you. We do this to improve services we offer you, and to improve marketing, analytics, and site functionality.
The information we collect also includes the Internet Protocol (“IP”) address or other unique device identifier (“Device Identifier”) for any device (computer, mobile phone, tablet, etc.) used to access the Service. A Device Identifier is a number that is automatically assigned or connected to the device you use to access the Service, and our servers identify your device by its Device Identifier. Some mobile service providers may also provide us or our third-party service providers with information regarding the physical location of the device used to access the Service.
- Embedded Scripts: We and our marketing partners, affiliates, analytics, and service providers may also employ software technology known as an Embedded Script. An Embedded Script is programming code that is designed to collect information about your interactions with the Service, such as the links you click on. The code is temporarily downloaded onto your computer or other device and is deactivated or deleted when you disconnect from the Service.
In addition, we and our marketing partners, affiliates, analytics, and service providers may use a variety of other technologies that collect similar information for analytics, security, and fraud detection purposes. We also may use third parties to perform these services on our behalf.
Do Not Track Signals
Online tracking technology enables website operators to collect personal information about users as they move across websites and other online services. Most browsers incorporate “do not track” (DNT) features in their privacy settings. When enabled, a DNT signal or request informs a website operator that the visitor does not want to be tracked online. The Site is currently designed only for tracking movement within the Site. Marteamo does not honor DNT requests, and does not treat visitors who make DNT requests differently from visitors who do not make DNT requests. Marteamo also does not differentiate between visitors who make DNT requests and visitors who do not make such requests, when it comes to the collection or usage of personal information.
Freelancers may have the opportunity to create a profile, which consists of information about you, and may include Personal Information, photographs, examples of your work, information on work previously performed via the Service and outside the Service, skills, hourly pay rates and earnings information, feedback/rating information and other information, including your username (“Profile”). The information in your Profile may be visible to all Users. Companies may also have the opportunity to create an organization Profile. If, in any case, you believe that an unauthorized profile has been created about you, you can request for it to be removed by contacting us at email@example.com.
Freelancers and Companies may communicate with each other through the Service. For example, Freelancers and Companies may want to discuss Company needs and Freelancer work proposals.
The Service may provide you the opportunity to participate and post content publicly in forums, on blogs, through interactive features on Marteamo and through other communication functionality (“Community Forums”). You may choose, through such features or otherwise, to submit or post questions, comments, or other content (collectively, “User Forum Content”). If you participate, your comments and questions will be visible to all Users. Please note that certain information, such as your name and Profile may be publicly displayed on the Service along with your User Forum Content. Please note that your use of Community Forums is subject to our Terms of Service.
To request removal of your Personal Information from our blog or community forum, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. In some cases, we may not be able to remove your Personal Information, in which case we will let you know if we are unable to do so and why.
We display personal testimonials of satisfied customers on our Service. With your consent we may post your testimonial along with your name. If you want to update or delete your testimonial, you can contact us at email@example.com.
If you post a project via the Service as a Company, the contents of such project will be viewable to all Users, unless you designate the listing as private using the settings available on the Service. Project listings include information such as budget, location, history of work listing(s) by the Company, the names of other Freelancers performing work for the Company, Company feedback and rating information and timing of project performance.
We collect feedback from Users about their experience with other Users of our Service. Please note that any feedback you provide via the Service or feedback provided about you is publicly viewable by Users via the Service. On some occasions, we may remove feedback pursuant to the relevant provisions of our Terms of Service.
2. USE OF INFORMATION
We use information collected through the Service to provide and improve the Service, process your requests, prevent fraud, provide you with information and advertising that may interest you, comply with the law, and as otherwise permitted with your consent.
We use information we collect:
- To provide and improve the Service, process your transactions, address your inquiries, process your registration, verify the information you provide is valid, and for compliance and internal business purposes.
- To contact you with administrative communications, marketing or promotional materials (on behalf of Marteamo or third parties), and other information that may be of interest to you. If you decide at any time that you no longer want to receive such communications from us, please follow the instructions in the Your Privacy Rights section, below.
- To tailor content we display to you and offers we may present to you, both on the Service and elsewhere online.
- To administer and develop our business relationship with you.
- To prepare related governmental and internal statistics reports.
- To enforce and comply with the law, including to conduct an investigation, to protect the property and rights of Marteamo or a third party, to protect the safety of the public or any person, or to stop activity we may consider to be, or to pose a risk of being, illegal, fraudulent, unethical or legally actionable activity.
3. DATA RETENTION
Unless you request that we delete certain information (see the Your Privacy Rights section below), we will maintain the information we collect for as long as is commercially reasonable for our business, subject to legal requirements. Your information may persist in copies made for backup and business continuity purposes. If you choose to provide us with Personal Information, we encourage you to routinely update the data to ensure that it is accurate and up-to-date.
4. INFORMATION SHARING AND DISCLOSURE
- Information about Freelancers Shared with Companies. We share information regarding Freelancers, including work history, with Companies. Note that if a Freelancer is suspended from the Service, we may share that information with Companies for whom that Freelancer has worked or submitted proposals for work. If you choose to view a job post or submit a proposal for work as a Freelancer via the Service, we may share relevant information with the applicable Company(s), including, but not limited to, the information contained in your Freelancer Profile.
- Service Providers: We may employ third-party companies and individuals to facilitate our Service, to provide the Service on our behalf, to perform Service-related services (for example, maintenance services, database management, web analytics and online advertising, payment processing, fraud detection and improvement of Marteamo’s features) or to assist us in analyzing how our Service is used. These third parties may have access to your Personal Information in order to perform these tasks on our behalf.
- Legal and Investigative Purposes: Marteamo will share information with government agencies as required by law in response to lawful requests by public authorities, including to meet national security or law enforcement requirements. We cooperate with government and law enforcement officials and private parties to enforce and comply with the law. We will disclose information about you to government or law enforcement officials or private parties as we, in our sole discretion, believe necessary or appropriate to respond to claims and legal process (including but not limited to subpoenas), or, at the request of governmental authorities or other third parties conducting an investigation where we determine in our sole discretion the disclosure is necessary to (a) protect the property and rights of Marteamo or a third party, (b) protect the safety of the public or any person, or (c) prevent or stop activity we may consider to be, or pose a risk of being, illegal, fraudulent, unethical or legally actionable activity.
- Internal Transfers: Marteamo may share information, including Personal Information, with any current or future subsidiaries or affiliates, primarily for business and operational purposes.
- Mergers, Reorganizations, and Acquisitions. Circumstances may arise where for business reasons, Marteamo decides to sell, buy, merge or otherwise reorganize its businesses. Such a transaction may involve the disclosure of Personal Information to prospective or actual purchasers, and/or receiving such information from sellers. It is our practice to seek appropriate protection for information in these types of transactions.
- Sweepstakes, Contests, and Promotions: We may offer sweepstakes, contests, and other promotions (collectively, a “Promotion”) that may require registration. By participating in a Promotion, you are agreeing to the official rules that govern that Promotion, which may contain specific requirements of you, including, except where prohibited by law, allowing the sponsor of the Promotion to use your name, voice, likeness, or other indicia of persona in advertising or marketing associated with the Promotion. If you choose to enter a Promotion, your Personal Information may be disclosed to third parties or the public in connection with the administration of such Promotion, including, without limitation, in connection with winner selection, prize fulfillment, and as required by law or permitted by the Promotion’s official rules, such as on a winner’s list.
Third Party Service Providers
Marteamo works with (or may in the future work with) network advertisers, ad agencies, analytics service providers and other vendors to provide us with information regarding traffic on the Service; to serve our advertisements on other websites, mobile apps, and elsewhere online; to process payments; and to provide us with information regarding the use of the Service and the effectiveness of our advertisements. Our service providers may collect certain information about your visits to and activity on the Service as well as other websites or services, they may set and access their own tracking technologies on your device (including cookies), and may use that information to show you targeted advertisements. Some of these parties may collect Personal Information when you visit the Service or other online websites and services. We may also share certain Non-Identifying Information with these parties in connection with the services they provide to us. If you want to opt out of interest-based advertising, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you choose to opt out, please note you will continue to receive generic ads.
While we may use a variety of service providers to perform advertising services, some of these companies are members of the Network Advertising Initiative (“NAI”) or the Digital Advertising Alliance (“DAA”) Self-Regulatory Program for Online Behavioral Advertising. You can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org/managing/opt_out.asp, which provides information regarding targeted advertising and the “opt-out” procedures of NAI members. You also can visit http://www.aboutads.info/choices/, which provides information regarding targeted advertising and offers an “opt-out” by participating companies in the DAA Self-Regulatory Program.
5. YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS
Registered Users may update their choices regarding the types of communications you receive from us through your online account. You also may opt-out of receiving marketing emails from us by following the opt-out instructions provided in those emails. Please note that we reserve the right to send you certain communications relating to your account or use of the Service (for example, administrative and service announcements) via email and other means, and these transactional account messages may be unaffected if you opt-out from receiving marketing communications.
Users may request access to or correction of any Personal Information we have about them or close their account and/or request deletion of all Personal Information we have about them. In certain jurisdictions, Users may have certain rights with regard to their Personal Information. We will honor User requests to the extent we can reasonably do so and as required by law, but some information will remain on the Services, such as information you posted publicly.
Upon request, we will provide you with information about whether we hold any of your Personal Information. You are responsible for maintaining the accuracy of the information you submit to us, such as your contact information. You may access, correct, or request deletion of your personal information by making updates to that information or by contacting Marteamo through your online account. If your information is deleted, then your account may become deactivated. If your account is deactivated or you ask to close your account, you will no longer be able to use the Service. If you would like to close your account in our system, you can do so through the Service (once you have logged in, visit settings / user settings, and then click on the close my account link).
Depending on where you are located, you may have certain rights with regard to your Personal Information. For example, if you are located in the European Economic Area (“EEA”), in addition to the rights described above, you may contact us at the contact information provided below to (1) request a restriction on the processing of your Personal Information, (2) object to the processing of your Personal Information, or (3) exercise other rights with respect to your Personal Information.
We will use commercially reasonable efforts to honor your requests for deletion; however, certain information will remain on the Service even if you close your account, including information and messages you posted to the Service. In addition, the rights described above may be limited, for example, if fulfilling your request would reveal Personal Information about another person, or if you ask us to delete information we are required by law to keep or have compelling legitimate interests in keeping (such as for fraud prevention purposes). Your Personal Information may remain in our archives and information you update or delete, or information within a closed account, may persist internally for our administrative purposes, to the extent permitted by law. It is not always possible to completely remove or delete information from our databases. In addition, we typically will not remove information you posted publicly through or on the Service. Bear in mind that neither you nor Marteamo can delete all copies of information that has been previously shared with others on the Service.
Marteamo takes commercially reasonable steps to help protect the information it collects and stores about Users. All access to the Site is encrypted using industry-standard transport layer security technology (“TLS”). When you enter sensitive information, such as financial information, we encrypt the transmission of that information using secure socket layer technology (“SSL”). We also use HTTP strict transport security to add an additional layer of protection for our Users. However, no method of transmission over the Internet, and no method of electronic storage, is 100% secure. Thus, while we strive to protect your Personal Information, Marteamo cannot ensure and does not warrant the security of any information you transmit to us.
7. INTERNATIONAL TRANSFER OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
8. LINKS TO OTHER SITES
Our Service contains links to other websites. If you click on a third-party link, you will be directed to that third party’s website. The fact that we link to a website is not an endorsement, authorization or representation of our affiliation with that third party, nor is it an endorsement of their privacy or information security policies or practices. We do not exercise control over third-party websites. These other websites may place their own cookies or other files on your computer, collect data or solicit personal information from you. You should read the privacy policies of the other websites you visit.
“Phishing” websites imitate legitimate websites in order to illegally and fraudulently obtain personal or financial information. For more information about phishing, visit the website of the Federal Trade Commission at http://www.consumer.ftc.gov/articles/0003-phishing. In addition, if you believe you have received an email or had a similar interaction with a third party pretending to be Marteamo, please report it at email@example.com.
10. CALIFORNIA RESIDENTS – YOUR CALIFORNIA PRIVACY RIGHTS
If you are a California resident and you have questions about our practices with respect to sharing information with third parties for their direct marketing purposes and your ability to exercise choice, please contact us using the contact information below.
You must put the statement “Your California Privacy Rights” in the subject field of your email or include it in your writing if you choose to write to us at the designated mailing address. You must include your name, street address, city, state, and ZIP code. We will respond to you at your mailing address or, at our option, your email address. We are not responsible for notices that are not labeled or sent properly, or do not have complete information.
15. CONTACTING US